Ananth Kumar (Union Minister) Wiki, Age, Cancer Death, Family, Caste, Daughter, Cause of Death, Ananth Kumar Death Reason, Education, Wife Name, Net Worth, Contact Number, Address, Achievements. Ananth Kumar born on 22 July 1959 and died on 12 November 2018) was an Indian politician of the Bharatiya Janata Party. Since 1996 he had represented the Bengaluru South constituency in the Lok Sabha. Kumar was in charge of two key ministries – serving as Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers since May 2014 and as Minister of Parliamentary Affairs since July 2016 in the Narendra Modi government until his death on November 12th, 2018.
Ananth Kumar Wiki / Biography
Full Name : HN Ananth Kumar
Age : 59 Years Old
Born on : 22 July, 1959
Died on : 12 November, 2018
Daughters : 2 Daughters
No of Sons : 2
Occupation : Union Minister
Political Party : Bhartiya Janata Party
Wife / Spouse Name : Tejaswini Kumar
Education From : Karnataka University
Net Worth : ₹4.23 CRORE
Ananth Kumar Contact Address, Phone Number
Ananth Kumar Death (Cause of Death)
On 12th November, 2018 he died after a battle with lung cancer and other related complications. He is survived by his wife, Dr. Tejaswini, and his two daughters, Aishwarya and Vijeta. He along with his wife ran Adamya Chetana, a nonprofit social service organisation which engaged in various socials service activities including providing mid day meals to over 2 lakh children.It was setup in 1998 in memory of Girija Shastry the mother of Ananth Kumar.
“Ananth Kumar Cause of Death is Lung Cancer”
Read Full Wiki of Ananth Kumar Below.
Ananth Kumar Personal Life
Ananth Kumar was born on 22th July, 1959 in Bangalore, Karnataka to H N Narayan Sastry and Girija Shastry. He graduated in faculty of Arts (B.A) from K S Arts College, Hubli affiliated to the Karnataka University and later, completed his bachelors in law (L.L.B) from J.S.S. Law College affiliated to the Karnataka University.
Ananth Kumar Politics
Having been influenced by the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, he was a member of its student wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. During the Emergency, he was imprisoned along with thousands of other student activists by the Indira Gandhi government. He was elected as well the State Secretary of the ABVP and later, became its National Secretary in 1985. Ananth later joined BJP and was nominated as the State President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha. He was then made National Secretary of the party in 1996.
Ananth was elected from Bengaluru South Lok Sabha constituency to the 11th Lok Sabha in 1996. In January 1998, ahead of the general election that year, Kumar became the first Indian politician to host an independent website. When he launched www.dataindia.com and www.ananth.org. He was re-elected and was inducted into the Union cabinet headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee as the Minister for Civil Aviation and he was the youngest cabinet ministry in that Government. In 1999, he was re-elected to a third consecutive term and became a cabinet minister in the National Democratic Alliance government. He handled various ministries like Tourism, Sports & Youth Affairs, Culture, Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation.
He became the President of the Karnataka state unit of BJP in 2003 and led the state unit which became the single largest party in the Legislative Assembly and won the highest number of Lok Sabha seats in 2004 in Karnataka . In 2004, he was appointed National General Secretary of the BJP contributing to building the party in MP, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and other states.
On 26 May 2014, Kumar was appointed Minister of Chemicals. And Fertilizers in the cabinet of the current Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Ananth Kumar Achievements
- By moving to 100% Neem Coated Urea, he created a revolution in fertilizers in India. Annual savings of over 10,000 Cr INR is achieved due to stopping of diversion of subsidised Urea from farming to Industry
- Price reduction of 85% on cardiac stents, leading to savings of over 4,500/- Cr INR per year from over 1.5 lakhs per stent, to 27,890/- pro poor initiative of stent price cap
- Price reduction of 69% on Knee Implants, leading to savings of over INR 1,500 Cr p.a from 1.5 to2.5 lakh to the new price of 54,500/-
- Focus on Affordable Quality Healthcare for all, by opening over 3600 Jan Aushadhi Kendras (1 Jun 2018) from mere Rs.99 in May 2014, leading to savings of over 500 Cr INR for the common man.
- Suvidha – Bio-degradable & environment friendly sanitary pads at just 2.50 per piece from 5 June 2018, launched on 8th Mar 2018 – international women’s day
- Taking India on the way to becoming net exporter of fertilizers from currently being a net importer by 2022, by reviving 6 closed fertilizer plants with over 48,000 cr investment
- A historic record in passing GST bill in Parliament, without BJP having a majority in the Rajya Sabha. This along with very high productivity of both houses has been a significant achievement on the Governance aspect.
- The historic GST mid night launch in Central Hall of the Parliament will count as one of the highpoints in his political career. His ability to forge consensus across all parties, get the bill passed in both the houses of Parliament. Get more than 50% of states endorse the same within 3 weeks and finally, support the Finance ministry in launching this on 1 July 2017.
Ananth Kumar Social Profile
Facebook : AKumar Facebook
Twitter : AKumar Tweets
Read More : Indira Gandhi Wikipedia