Arvind Kejriwal Age, Wiki, Caste, Family, Wife, Daughter, News, Twitter
Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian politician and a former revenue service official who is the current Chief Minister of Delhi. He is the social convener of the Aam Aadmi Party. His party AAP has rewritten the grammar of politics in Delhi after winning the 2015 Assembly elections,got a clear majority 67 out of 70 assembly seats. He is the 7the chief minister of Delhi since February 2015. Arvind Kejriwal Age
Who is Arvind Kejriwal?
Arvind Kejriwal is the CM of Delhi. His party (AAP), got a clear majority by winning 67 out of 70 seats in Delhi assembly elections 2015. Arvind Kejriwal Age
Prior to joining politics, he was employed with the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) as a Joint Commissioner in the Income Tax Department of New Delhi. Apart from this, he is associated with many organizations who work for the betterment of the society.Check out below for Arvind Kejriwal Wiki, Biography, Age, Wife, Aam Aadmi Party, Achievements.
Arvind Kejriwal Education and Biography
Arvind Kejriwal was born on 16th August 1968 in Siwani, Bhiwani District, Haryana. He comes of a very middle class background. His father, Gobind Ram Kejriwal was an electrical engineer from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra. His mother, Gita Devi was a homemaker. Arvind has a younger brother and a sister. Arvind Kejriwal Age
Arvind spent his childhood mostly in small towns like Sonepat, Hisar and Ghaziabad. To pursue his school education, he attended “Campus School” in Hisar and “Christian missionary school “at Sonipat. After completing his school education, Kejriwal initially wanted to make a career in medicine but later made up his made his mind to become an engineer. Thereafter, he joined the Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur and acquired the graduation degree in mechanical engineering.
Arvind Kejriwal Wiki
|Real Name||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party
|Political Journey||• In November 2012, he formally launched the Aam Aadmi Party.
• In 2013, he decided to contest Delhi Assembly Elections against Sheila Dikshit.
• In the 2013 Delhi Assembly Elections, he defeated Sheila Dikshit fro the New Delhi constituency by a margin of 25,864 votes.
• On 28 December 2013, he became the Chief Minister of Delhi.
• Date 25 March 2014, he declared to contest Lok Sabha election against Narendra Modi from the Varanasi constituency and lost by a margin of around 370000 votes.
• On 14 February 2015, he became the Chief Minister of Delhi for the second time with a huge majority of 67 out of 70 seats.
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 64 kg
in Pounds- 141 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 August 1968|
|Age (as in 2017)||49 Years|
|Birth Place||Siwani, Bhiwani district, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Siwani, Bhiwani district, Haryana, India|
|School||Campus School, Hisar, Haryana, India
Christian missionary Holy Child School, Sonipat, Haryana, India
|College||Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduated in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur|
|Debut||In November 2012, when he formally launched the Aam Aadmi Party|
|Family||Father– Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Engineer)
Mother– Gita Devi
Brother– Manoj (younger)- Software Engineer in IBM, Pune
Sister– Ranjana (younger)- doctor in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Haridwar
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing Yoga and Vipasana|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Wife||Sunita Kejriwal (IRS officer)- Married in 1995
|Net Worth (approx.)||71 Lakh INRs|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arvind Kejriwal
- Does Arvind Kejriwal Smoke?: No Arvind Kejriwal Age
- Does Arvind Kejriwal Drink Alcohol?: No
- He met his wife Sunita during their Civil Services Training in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand.
- He is a pure vegetarian man and follows Vipassana.
- Arvind Kejriwal is a mechanical engineering (graduated from IIT, Kharagpur)
- He cleared Civil Services exam in a single attempt.
- He was always involved in getting rid of social issues, He has also worked with Mother Teresa.
- During his college days in Kharagpur, Arvind used to go to slums to teach kids who could not afford to study. As told by his classmates in an interview, Arvind used to go to slums for teaching kids and used to do social service when they (his classmates) used to enjoy their holidays by watching movies, playing etc.
- He was the person because of whom RTI Delhi came into act. In 2006, Arvind Kejriwal was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award for playing a very useful hand to enact RTI Act.
- He donated Magsaysay award money to an NGO. Arvind Kejriwal Age
- In 2006, he resigned from revenue service to devote his full time in social services.
- During the days when he used to work as an IRS officer, he refused to have a peon, cleaned his table himself.
- He never celebrates his birthday
- In 2011, He along with Anna Hazare and team did India Against corruption (IAC) movement in Ramlila Maidan, Delhi to pass Jan Lokpal Bill which was failed due to political tactics of Congress, BJP and other political parties.
- After failure of the movement, Arvind Kejriwal and many other IAC team members decided to make a political party to fight against corruption in India. Although Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi and many other IAC team members were against entering into political system.
- On 26, November 2012, Aam Aadmi Party was launched. Arvind Kejriwal Age
- He defeated former 3 term Delhi CM Sheila Dixit by 25,864 votes in Delhi Assembly Election, 2013
- He has a habit of checking each and every document, file, each and every line of documents, marking main lines with marker and making sure that everything is correct. His Colleagues say that he cross checked the Jan Lokpal Bill about 100 times.
- He was the main member of the team who made Jan Lokpal Bill.
- He never loses his temper. According to his Colleagues, whenever he is angry, he prefers not to talk to anyone for some time.
- He has no corruption charges till now (back since he was an IRS officer to ex Delhi’s Chief Minister)
Arvind Kejriwal Career
After earning his graduation, he joined Tata Steel in the year 1989 and got posted in Jamshedpur. In the year 1992, Kejriwal quit his job to prepare for the Indian Civil Service Exam. Later in the year 1995, he joined the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) as an assistant commissioner in the Income Tax Department. While working in the income tax department, Kejriwal established an NGO called “Parivartan” in December 1999. The NGO mainly assisted citizens in matters related to food, electricity and income tax. Arvind Kejriwal Age
In the year 2006, he resigned from the Income Tax Department as a joint commissioner of Income Tax in New Delhi to focus on social services. Kejriwal along with Manish Sisodia established another NGO namely” Kabir” in 2005. As per media reports, “Kabir” accepted institutional donation unlike the “Parivartan”. However, later Kejriwal announced that Kabir is mainly run by Manish Sisodia.
Apart from this he has also contributed a lot towards fighting corruption of the society. He has been considered as one of the key person who contributed towards enactment of RTI act in the country. In December 2006, he established another NGO called Public Cause Research Foundation. Eminent personalities like Kiran Bedi and Prashant Bhanshan served as the trustee of the foundation.
Arvind Kejriwal Salary and Net Worth
As per media reports, Arvind Kejriwal has net worth Rs 2.09 Crore. His basic annual salary is Rs. 72,000, which includes Basic Salary of Rs. 20,000, Monthly Allowance of Rs. 30,000, Dearness Allowance of Rs.4000 and Constituency Fund of Rs. 18,000. Apart from this, he gets traveling allowance, secretarial expenses, medical reimbursement, electricity and telephone expenses, and conveyance allowance. Arvind Kejriwal Age
The Delhi Vidhansabha drafted a bill on December, 2016 asking for 400% hike in the salary of Delhi MLA. The Delhi LG (Lieutenant Governor) has to still take a call on the bill. If approved, Arvind Kejriwal’s basic salary will rise to Rs. 80000, and his monthly package will come to Rs. 2.2 lakh (other allowances excluded).
Arvind Kejriwal – House
He resides with his family in a bungalow at No.6, Flagstaff Road, Civil Lines, Delhi. The bungalow is spacious with five bedrooms, a sprawling front law, side lawn and a kitchen garden a the backside. The bungalow is 5000 square meters, which also houses his office. The office can house 40 people, the premises of which can accommodate 400 people. The bungalow also has a huge drawing room and a lounge. Arvind Kejriwal Age
Awards Won by Arvind Kejriwal
- Year 2004 – Ashoka Fellow
- Year 2005 – the IIT Kanpur presented him with the Satyendra K. Dubey Memorial Award
- Year 2006 – Ramon Magsaysay Award
- In Year 2006 – “Indian of the Year” award from CNN-IBN.
- Year 2009 – the IIT Kharagpur awarded him with the Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Year 2009 – Association for India’s Development awarded him a grant and fellowship
- In Year 2010 – Policy Change Agent of the Year award from The Economic Times
- Year 2011 – “Indian of the Year” award from NDTV
Arvind Kejriwal Social Profile
Facebook : Kejriwal Ofiicial Fanpage
Twitter : Kejriwal Tweets