Digvijaya Singh Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Biography, Caste & More
Digvijaya Singh Wiki, Age, Height, Wife, Biography, Caste & More. Wiki Digvijaya Singh is among one of the most prominent Indian political leaders. The leader was born in the year of Independence 1947 on 28th February at Indore in Madhya Pradesh. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
Digvijaya Singh Career
The great Indian leader is an active member of Indian National Congress Party. He has a great political career to boast about. At a young age of 22, he was with full support elected as the President of the Municipal Council of Raghogarh. Currently, he is a member of the Rajya Sabha where he took over office on 10th April 2014. The dynamic leader was elected twice as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh from the constituency of Raghogarh from where his father had won as an Independent candidate. Before Becoming the Chief Minister he was a Cabinet Minister in the Madhya Pradesh State Government during the government of political leader Arjun Singh whom Digvijay Singh honored as his Guru. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
The political leader has after that served the interests of his party day and night working hard. Also, At present, he serves as General Secretary of All India Congress Committee of the Congress party. He shares his vision of the nation and the politics at his website www.digvijayasingh.in. Digvijaya Singh is a great admirer of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru and firmly believes in working for the interests of the poor and downtrodden. He is not only a great political leader but also shares the immense interest in wildlife photography. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
Digvijaya Singh Family Relatives and Relation
After the death of his wife Asha Rani in 2013, the leader married famous Television Anchor Amrita Rai in 2015. He has four children. He looks up to his son Jaivardhan Singh to carry forward his legacy and lead the nation from the constituency where the leader and his father made a kickstart to their political career. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
Digvijaya Singh Wiki
|Real Name||Digvijaya Singh|
|Political Party||Indian National Congress|
|Political Journey||• He was the president of Raghogarh Nagar Palika between 1969 and 191.
• Singh became a member of Indian National Congress in 1970.
• In the 1977 Vidhan Sabha elections in Madhya Pradesh, he was elected an MLA from the Ragohgrah constituency.
• Singh was re-elected as an MLA from the same constituency in 1980 Madhya Pradesh Legislative assembly elections.
• He served as the President of Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee between 1985 and 1988.
• In the 1984 Lok Sabha elections, Digvijay Singh was elected as an MP from the Rajgarh constituency.
• Singh was unfortunate to lose his constituency in the 1989 Lok Sabha elections.
• In the Lok Sabha elections of 1991, he was elected to the power again.
• Singh resigned as an MP from the lower house of parliament in 1993, as he was named the Chief Minister of the state and he was later elected an MLA from Chachhoda constituency in the by-election in order to fulfil his role as a CM.
• He was re-elected as the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh in 1998 Vidhan Sabha elections and continued till December 2003.
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Hair Colour||Semi Bald (Salt & Pepper)|
|Date of Birth||28 February 1947|
|Age (as in 2017)||70 Years|
|Birth Place||Indore, Holkar State (now in Madhya Pradesh), British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|College||The Daly College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Shri Govindram Seksaria Institute of Technology and Science (SGSITS) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
|Educational Qualifications||B.E. in Mechanical Engineering|
|Debut||His political life began in 1969 when he was named the President of Raghogarh Nagar Palika, a municipal committee. Singh remained on the post till 1971.|
|Family||Father– Balbhadra Singh (Former Indian Politician)
Mother– Aparna Kumari
Brother– Lakshman Singh
|Major Controversies||• Singh landed himself into controversy in May 2011 with his remark on the burial of Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden. He said that the United States should have given a dignified burial.
• In July 2013, after the Bodh Gaya bombings, Singh took to the twitter and wrote
• A local lawyer and volunteer of RSS filed a complaint against Singh over latter’s controversial tweet which came a few days after the former State finance minister was arrested following an allegation of sexual assault by his servant. Singh mentioned “Ram and Raghavji” in his tweet.
• Again in July 2013, Singh bashed RSS alleging that Sangh trains its activists to prepare bombs, assuring reporters that he had video clips of four VHP and RSS activists accepting that they were trained by Sangh in making bombs. He also claimed that Batla House encounter was fake.
• He found himself in the light of criticism because of his sexist remark against Meenakshi Natrajan, a Congress MP from Mandsaur. Singh, while talking to the party workers, said that party MP, Meenakshi Natrajan, is a Gandhian, simple and an honest leader. She keeps going from place to place in her constituency. I am a seasoned smith of politics. Meenakshi sau tunch maal hai.”
• Early in May 2017, Telangana police registered a criminal case against Singh following a complaint on his tweets which stated that the Telangana police hosted a fake ISIS website to radicalise Muslim youth.
Girls, Affairs and More
|Wife||Late Rana Asha Kumari (m.1969- 2013)
Amrita Rai, News Anchor (m.2015)
|Children||Son– Jaivardhan Singh (Indian Politician)
Daughters– Mandakini Kumari, Karnieka Kumari, Mradima Kumari
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 39 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Digvijaya Singh
- Does Digvijaya Singh smoke: Not Known
- Does Digvijaya Singh drink alcohol: Not Known
- He was born to the ‘Raja’ (King) of Raghogarh, which is now known as Guna district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Singh got an offer from Late Vijayaraje Scindia to get linked with the Jana Sangh. He, however, did not take the proposal seriously and shook his hands with the Congress party. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
- He is the General Secretary of the Indian National Congress Party’s All India Congress Committee.
- Singh in 2014 confirmed that he was in a relation with news anchor Amrita Rai. He tied the knot with the journalist in mid-2015.
- He considers Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) a threat to the national unity and also called them the Nazis. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
- There have been a number of statements that he gave and had to stand alone, as the party sidelined itself from his remarks, saying that those are his personal opinions and Congress has got nothing to do with them.
- Congress party in 2017, looking at the fiasco in government formation in Goa, sacked him as the party in charge of the state. He is also fired from the mentioned post of poll-bound Karnataka. Digvijaya Singh Wiki.
Digvijaya Singh Social Profile
Faceebook : Digvijaya Official Id
Twitter : Digvijaya Tweets
Instagram : Digvijaya Insta