Jeff Bezos Net Worth (Who Founded Amazon), Wiki, Age, Wife, Email, CEO
Jeff Bezos Net Worth (Who Founded Amazon), Jeff Bezos Wiki, Jeff Bezos Age, Jeff Bezos Wife, Jeff Bezos Email, Amazon CEO. American entrepreneur Jeff Bezos is the founder and chief executive officer of Amazon.com and owner of ‘The Washington Post.’ His successful business ventures have made him one of the richest people in the world. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
Jeff Bezos, is an American entrepreneur and founder, Chairman and CEO of the famous online shopping retailer, ‘Amazon.com’. The website began as an online store for books and found their way into wide variety of products. It is now the largest website retailer, on the World Wide Web (WWW). On July 27th, he was briefly the world’s richest person, when the markets opened, beating Bill Gates. However, he later lost the title on the same day, when Amazon’s stock price dropped.
Who Is Jeff Bezos?
Entrepreneur and e-commerce pioneer Jeff Bezos was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Bezos had an early love of computers and studied computer science and electrical engineering at Princeton University. After graduation he worked on Wall Street, and in 1990 he became the youngest senior vice president at the investment firm D.E. Shaw. Four years later, he quit his lucrative job to open Amazon.com, a virtual bookstore that became one of the internet’s biggest success stories. In 2013, Bezos purchased TheWashington Post in a $250 million deal. His successful business ventures have made him one of the richest people in the world. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
Jeff Bezos Wiki
|Real Name||Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen|
|Profession||Technology and Retail Entrepreneur, Investor, and Philanthropist|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||White (Semi-Bald)|
|Date of Birth||12 January 1964|
|Age (as in 2018)||54 Years|
|Birth Place||Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||New Mexico, U.S. (resides in Seattle, Washington)|
|School(s)||River Oaks Elementary School, Houston, Texas, United States
Miami Palmetto High School, Florida, United States
|College/University||Princeton University, New Jersey, United States|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from Princeton University|
|Family||Father– Ted Jorgensen,
Miguel Mike Bezos (step)
Mother– Jacklyn Bezos
Sister– Christina Bezos
Brother– Mark Bezos
|Hobbies||Playing Golf and Tennis|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Wife||MacKenzie Bezos (Novelist)
|Marriage Date||Year 1993|
Daughter– 1 (adopted from China)
|Net Worth||$131 billion (as in 2018)|
|Cars Collection||1996 Honda Accord, 1988 Chevrolet Blazer|
|Jet Collection||Dassault Falcon 900 EX|
|House/Estate||Three linked apartments located in the Century, which is known as the landmark art deco tower on Manhattan’s Central Park West
12,000 square feet Beverly Hills Mansion
29,000 square feet Medina mansion in Lake Washington
Some Lesser Known Facts About Jeff Bezos
- Does Jeff Bezos smoke?: Not Known Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- Does Jeff Bezos drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born to Jacklyn and Ted Jorgensen in New Mexico.
- When Jeff was born, his mother was just 17 years old and was still in High School.
- Jacklyn and Ted separated just after a year of their marriage.
- When Jeff was just 4 years old, Jacklyn married her 2nd husband, Miguel “Mike” Bezos, a Cuban who immigrated to the US alone at the age of 15. After the marriage, he adopted Jeff legally and took the responsibility to raise him. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- After the wedding, the family moved to Houston (Texas).
- During his childhood, he developed an interest in computers from his grandfather, Lawrence Preston Gise, who worked as Regional Director at the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission.
- From a young age, Jeff started displaying technological proficiencies and scientific interests.
- Jeff was always inventing something- hovercraft, a Solar Cooker, a Robot, an Electric Alarm, etc. He invented an Electric Alarm as a security to keep his siblings out of his room. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- He was considered a brilliant student at his school and was his high school’s valedictorian.
- His first job was with Fitel, a startup telecom company. He worked there for two years. Later, he worked at Bankers Trust and D.E. Shaw, an investment management firm on Wall Street.
- While working at D.E. Shaw, he fell in love with Mackenzie (Tuttle) Bezos who was his colleague.
- Jeff and MacKenzie have 3 sons including 1 daughter. Their daughter is adopted from China. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- He quit his job at D.E. Shaw to start Amazon.com. Jeff rented a house and started working from his garage with his 1st employee Shel Kaphan.
- He named Amazon.com after the Mighty South American River and arrow in the logo of Amazon indicates that customers can buy anything from a to z on the site.
- He believes working with a small team and has devised a rule called “Two Pizza Rule”: if a team cannot be fed with two pizzas, it’s too large.
- He is, in fact, a frugal and showed his frugality early on when he founded Amazon.com from his garage, as he turned a wooden door into a table.
- Jeff is considered a generous donor too, as he donated $2.5 for a same-sex marriage cause in Washington when one of his employees, Jennifer Cast asked for about $100,000 donation. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- In 2003, he almost encountered a fatal accident, as he had a helicopter accident that gave him minor head lacerations.
- In 2013, he made headlines when he bought the Washington Post for $250 million.
- And his childhood, Jeff had an immense interest in aerospace and in 2000 he realized his dream when he started a Space company, Blue Origin, LCC. The vision of this company is to bring down the cost of Space travel so everyone can go into Space.
- In 2018, he became the first person to top $100 billion as number one on the Forbes list of the World’s Billionaires. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
- In March 2018, he made headlines when he stepped out to take his robotic dog (called SpotMini) for a walk.
- Here’s a detailed conversation with Jeff Bezos:
Jeff Bezos Early Life
Jeff Bezos was born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico. To a teenage mother, Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen, and his biological father, Ted Jorgensen. The Jorgensens were married less than a year. And when Bezos was 4 years old his mother re-married, to Cuban immigrant Mike Bezos. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
As a child, Jeff Bezos showed an early interest in how things work, turning his parents’ garage into a laboratory. And rigging electrical contraptions around his house. He moved to Miami with his family as a teenager. Where he developed a love for computers. And graduated valedictorian of his high school. It was during high school that he started his first business. The Dream Institute, an educational summer camp for fourth, fifth and sixth graders.
Jeff Bezos Career
After completing his graduation from Princeton University. He began working with Wall Street. In Wall Street, he was working in the Computer field. Later he worked with an International trading company named, ‘Fitel’. And later with ‘Bankers Trust’. In the year 1994, he wrote a business plan for his company Amazon. During his trip from New York to Seattle. Initially, he set up his company in his garage. And quit his company to concentrate on his company’s growth.
He is known for his knowledge in business details. From the year 2015, his company started receiving more recognition. And he sold over 1 millions shares of the company for around $671 million. He also found a human space lift company named, ‘Blue Origin’. In the year 2015, this company successfully launched a new space vehicle named, ‘New Shepard’. Which flew into space reaching an altitude of 329,839 feet. He also sold about $1 billion of Amazon’s stock, in order to finance his Blue Origin company.
In addition to this, he is also first shareholders of Google, in the year 1998. He has also invested in Unity Biotechnology, for its research in slowing the process of ageing. Jeff Bezos Net Worth.
Jeff Bezos Net Worth: $141.3 million (As Per 2018)
Jeff Bezos Social Profile
Facebook : Jeff Official Id
Twitter : Jeff Tweets
Instagram : Jeff Insta
Email : Jeff Email