Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki, Wife, Bio, Caste, House, Son, Daughter, Palace
Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia (born 1 January 1971) is an Indian politician. He is related to the Scindia family that once ruled in Gwalior. And is a Member of Parliament, representing the Guna constituency in the state of Madhya Pradesh. He is a member of the Indian National Congress political party. And was a ‘Minister of State with independent charge’ (i.e. a junior Minister in the Central Government of India who has independent charge of his ministry) of Power in the cabinet of prime minister Manmohan Singh from October 2012 until May 2014. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia
He was born on 1 January 1971 in Mumbai as the son of Madhavrao Scindia, who was a Maharaja of Gwalior, a princely state during the British rule. His father represented the Guna Constituency in the Lower House of the Parliament. Scindia was just 31 when his father died in a plane crash, and so he joined politics to continue his father’s legacy. Scindia, one of the richest ministers of India, is the grandson of the late Madho Rao Scindia, the last ruler of the Maratha princely state of Gwalior. He claims to be the sole inheritor of his father’s assets of Rs. 20,000 crores. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
His graduation in Economics in 1993 from the Harvard University. He completed his M.B.A. in 2001 from the Stanford Graduate School of Business. Jyotiraditya got married on 12 Dec 1994 to Priyadarshini Raje Scindia, the daughter of the royal family of Gaekwad Maratha. He has a son and a daughter.
Scindia was elected to the Lok Sabha (Lower House of the Indian Parliament) in February 2002. From Guna District – formerly represented by his father. He was re-elected in May 2004, and was introduced to the Union Council of Ministers in 2007. As Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology. He was then re-elected in 2009 for a third consecutive term. And became Minister of State for Commerce and Industry. Later, he became Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Scindia was appointed Minister of State for Power in November 2012. In a cabinet reshuffle which drafted a number of younger politicians into the Indian cabinet. Including two other scions of princely families, R. P. N. Singh and Jitendra Singh.
Scindia was among the richest ministers in the UPA government with assets nearly Rs. 25 crore ($5 million). It included investments in Indian. And foreign securities worth over ₹16 crore (US$2 million) and jewellery worth over ₹5.7 crore (US$873,012).
Scindia was tasked by the Indian Planning Commission with preventing a repetition of the July 2012 India blackout. The largest power outage in history, which affected over 620 million people, about 9% of the world population. In May 2013, Scindia claimed that checks and balances had been put in place to prevent any recurrence of grid collapse. And that India would have the world’s largest integrated grid by January 2014. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Scindia is President of the Board of Governors of Scindia School, Gwalior. Which was founded by his great-grandfather, Madho Rao Scindia. In 1897 for schooling the sons of Indian princes and nobles. In 1947, the school opened its doors to the public. He is also a hereditary patron of Daly College, Indore. Which was established in 1882 to educate the children of the royalty, nobility and aristocracy of Central Indian princely states.
Political activities and achievements of Jyotiraditya
- 2002: Elected to the 13th Lok Sabha from the Guna constituency
- 2002: Member of Committee on Finance & Committee on External Affairs
- 2004: Re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha.
- 2004: Member of Committee on Estimates, Committee on Petitions, Committee on Defence, and Committee on Finance.
- 2008: Minister of State for Ministry of Communications and Information Technology.
- 2009: Re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha.
- 2009: Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
- 2012: Union Minister of State for Power.
- 2013: Chief of the Campaign Committee, Madhya Pradesh.
- Indian Planning Commission appointed Scindia to prevent the power blackout of July 2012 from happening again. July 2012 was marked by the largest grid collapse, affecting over 620 million people. Scindia in May 2013 assured that India would have the largest integrated grid in the world by January 2014 as the required actions had been taken. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Apart from politics
- Served as an investment banker at Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch.
- Worked as an intern at the UN Economic Development Cell.
- President of the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA).
- President of the Board of Governors, Scindia School, Gwalior. The school was founded by his great-grandfather for the sons of nobles and princes of India.
- Member of Delhi Gymnkhana, Delhi Golf Club, Classic Golf Course, DLF Golf Course, India International Centre and India Habitat Centre. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
He is chairman of the regional Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) in India. After the spot fixing scandal in Indian Premier League exploded in the Indian media and subsequently Sanjay Jagdale, a member of the MPCA resigned from his job as secretary from the Board of Control for Cricket in India, Scindia spoke out against corruption in Indian cricket. Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia Elections result
Wiki Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia
Full Name : Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia
Nick Name : Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki
Birth date : 1 January 1971 Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Age : 47 years Old (As Per 2018)
Occupation : Politics
Political Party : Indian National Congress (INC)
House/Residence : Jai Vilas Palace, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, India
Wife/Spouse : Priyadarshini Raje Scindia
Children : 2
Degree College : Harvard University, Stanford Business School
Contact No/ Mobile No. : 9868180692, 2306119
Website : Jyotiraditya Scindia
Facebook : Jyotiraditya M. Scindia Official Id
Twitter : Jyotiraditya M. Scindia Tweets