Milkha Singh (Athlete) Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Biography, Family & More
Milkha Singh Height 5’ 10” inch, Milkha Singh Weight 70kg, Milkha Singh Age 82 Years Old (As in 2018), Milkha Singh Wife Nirmal Kaur, Milkha Singh Son Jeev Milkha Singh. He is an Indian Athlete which known as The Flying Sikh. He was the main Indian competitor to win an individual sports gold decoration at a Commonwealth Games until Krishna Poonia won the plate gold award at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. Milkha additionally won gold decorations in the 1958 and 1962 Asian Games. He spoke to India in the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome and the 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. He was granted the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-most astounding regular citizen respect, in acknowledgment of his donning accomplishments. Milkha Singh Height.
Milkha Singh Height
His height is 5’ 10” inch and he was a good athlete. Milkha Singh Age.
Milkha Singh Wiki/ Biography
|Real Name||Milkha Singh|
|Nickname||The Flying Sikh|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
Track and Field
|International Debut||In the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games.|
|Coach/Mentor||Gurdev Singh, Charles Jenkins, Dr. Arthur W Howard
|Records/Awards/Honours||• Won a Gold at the 1958 Asian Games – 200 m.
• Win a Gold at the 1958 Asian Games – 400 m.
• Won a Gold at the 1958 Commonwealth Games – 440 yards.
• Honoured with Padma Shri in 1959.
• Won a Gold at the 1962 Asian Games – 400 m.
• Win a Gold at the 1962 Asian Games – 4 x 400 m relay.
• Won a Silver at the 1964 Calcutta National Games – 400 m.
|Date of Birth||20 November 1929 (according to records in Pakistan)
17 October 1935 and 20 November 1935 (other official records of various States)
|Age (as in 2016; as per 20 November 1929)||87 Years|
|Birth Place||Govindpura, Muzaffargarh city, Punjab Province, British India (now Muzaffargarh District, Pakistan)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign (as per 20 November 1929)||Scorpio|
|School||A village School in Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||Studied at a village school in Pakistan up to 5th standard|
|Family||Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Name Not Known
Siblings– Ishar (sister), Makhan Singh (eldest brother) & 12 More
|Address||#725, Sector 8 B, Chandigarh|
|Hobbies||Playing Golf, Walking, Doing Work-outs|
|Controversies||• In 1998, when Paramjeet Singh broke Milkha Singh’s 38-year-old 400 m record, Milkha disowned his record and said, “I do not recognise this record.” Milkha’s primary objection was Paramjeet’s timing of 45.70. At the Rome Olympics, Milkha was officially hand-timed at 45.6 though an unofficial electronic timer at the games clocked him at 45.73. Years later electronic timers were installed at all international events. It was accepted that 0.14 seconds would be added to all hand timings to compare them with electronic timings. So, Milkha’s hand-timed 45.6 was converted into an electronic time of 45.74. Either way, Paramjeet’s timing was better, but Milkha was unmoved and said: “My record of 45.6 still stands. If a timing is registered it is there. You cannot change it after some years.”
• In 2016, he had some heated exchange of words with Salim Khan (father of Salman Khan). The story behind the row was the appointment of Salman Khan as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian contingent for the Rio Olympic Games. The sports fraternity including Milkha Singh and wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt had questioned the appointment. In a bid to defend Salman, Salim Salim tweeted: “Milkhaji it is not Bollywood it is the Indian Film Industry and that too the largest in the world. The same industry which resurrected you from fading away in oblivion.” In reply to this, Milkha said, “It’s okay they have made a film on me. I don’t think that the movie industry has made a favour to me by making a film on my life. “If they have any function, will they put any sportsmen as their chairman or ambassador?” He further said: “It doesn’t make sense to appoint someone in this role. If an ambassador is required, we have many great sportspersons, like Sachin Tendulkar, P.T. Usha, Ajitpal Singh, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore.”
Girls, Affairs and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Betty Cuthbert (An Australian Athlete)
|Wife/Spouse||Nirmal Kaur (former captain of Indian Women Volleyball team)
|Marriage Date||Year 1962|
|Children||Son– Jeev Milka Singh (Golfer)
Daughters– Sonia Sanwalka & 2 More
|Net Worth||$2.5 million (as in 2012)|
Milkha Singh Family
In all, he had 15 siblings. He married former Indian Volleyball player Nirmal Kaur in the year 1962. The couple together has one daughter and 3 sons. Milkha Singh Height.
Milkha Singh Career
In the wake of being stranded in his youth following the occasions after the segment of India, he moved to Delhi. He was induced by his sibling and sister to join Indian Army benefit. Milkha Singh was effective in his fourth endeavor and got access in the year 1951. Amid his stay at the Electrical Mechanical Engineering Center, he discovered enthusiasm for games.
He spoke to the nation at the 1956 Olympic Games Melbourne in 200m and 400m occasions. Later in 1958, he set records at the National Games of India 200m and 400m. Further, at Asian Games, he won the gold decoration for 200m and 400m dash occasions. He likewise packed away a gold award in the 1958 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in the 400m occasion where he completed inside 46.6 seconds. He additionally rose as the principal ever Indian to win a Gold decoration at the Commonwealth Games. Milkha Singh Height.
Milkha obtained his mainstream epithet ‘The Flying Sikh’ amid his race in 1960. In the 1962 Jakarta Asian Games, he won Gold in the 400m occasion. A few reports propose that Milkha Singh won 77 out of 80 races.
After his accomplishment in 1958, he was elevated to a lesser appointed officer. Further, in 1998, he was designated as the Director of Sports by the Punjab Ministry of Education. He was granted the esteemed Padma Shri Award by the Government of India. He was offered the Arjuna Award, yet he turned down the offer. Milkha Singh Age.
Milkha Singh Facts
- Does Milkha Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Milkha Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- There is no concrete evidence regarding his date of birth. However, according to some official reports, he was born in a Sikh Rathore Rajput Family in Govindpura Village of Muzaffargarh City in British India.
- Milkha Singh has no idea when he was born. However, he mentions in his autobiography titled “Flying Sikh Milkha Singh,” that he must have been around 14-15 years old at the time of India’s Partition.
- During the communal riots following the Indo-Pak Partition, Milkha lost his parents when he was around 12-15 years old. Milkha Singh Height.
- Three days before the carnage that devastated Milkha’s life, he was sent to Multan to take the help of his eldest brother, Makhan Singh, who was then serving in the army. On the train to Multan, he sneaked into the ladies compartment to hide himself under a seat as he feared being killed by murderous mobs.
- By the time Milkha returned along with his brother Makhan, rioters had turned their village into a cremation ground. Many dead bodies including Milkha’s parents’, 2 brothers’ and their wives’ could not even be recognised.
Milkha Singh Social Profile
Facebook : Milkha Official Id
Twitter : Milkha Tweets
Instagram : Milkha Insta