Peter Fonda Wiki, Age, Height, Movies, Net Worth, Daughter, Family
Peter Fonda Wiki is an American Actor. Let’s See Peter Fonda Age, Height, Movies, Net Worth, Daughter, Family. Peter Henry Fonda was born in New York City, to legendary screen star Henry Fonda and New York socialite Frances Seymour Brokaw. He is the brother of actress Jane Fonda and the father of actress Bridget Fonda. His ancestry includes Dutch, English, Scottish, and distant French and Italian. Fonda wrote an autobiography, Don’t Tell Dad (1998). Peter Fonda Wiki.
He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for Easy Rider (1969), and the Academy Award for Best Actor for Ulee’s Gold (1997). For the latter, he won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama. Fonda also won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film for The Passion of Ayn Rand (1999).
Peter Fonda Net Worth
|The Wild Angels (1966)||$10,000|
Peter Fonda Wiki
Fonda in 2009
|Born||Peter Henry Fonda
February 23, 1940
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Paradise Valley, Montana, U.S.|
|Education||University of Nebraska at Omaha|
|Daughter||2, including Bridget Fonda|
|Relatives||Jane Fonda (sister)|
Peter Fonda Early Life
Fonda was born in New York City, the only son of actor Henry Fonda (1905–1982) and his wife Frances Ford Seymour (1908–1950). He is the younger brother of actress Jane Fonda. He and Jane had a maternal half-sister. Frances de Villers Brokaw (1931–2008), from their mother’s first marriage. Their mother committed suicide in a mental hospital. When Peter, her youngest, was ten, although he did not discover the circumstances or location of her death until he was 55 years old. Peter Fonda Wiki.
On his eleventh birthday, he accidentally shot himself in the stomach and nearly died. He went to Nainital and stayed for a few months for recovery. Years later, he referred to this incident while with John Lennon and George Harrison while taking LSD. He said, “I know what it’s like to be dead.” This inspired The Beatles’ song “She Said She Said”.
Early on, Fonda studied acting in Omaha, Nebraska, his father’s hometown. While attending the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Fonda joined the Omaha Community Playhouse. Where many actors (including his father and Marlon Brando) had begun their careers. Before he attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha, Peter attended the Fay School in Southborough, MA and was a member of the class of 1954.
Peter Fonda Career
Fonda made his professional stage debut on Broadway in 1961 in Blood, Sweat and Stanley Poole, for which he received rave reviews from the New York Critics, and won the Daniel Blum Theater World Award and the New York Critics Circle Award for Best New Actor. He began his feature film career in 1963, playing the romantic lead in Tammy and the Doctor and joined the ensemble cast of the World War II saga The Victors. Shortly thereafter, Fonda began what would become a famous association with Roger Corman, starring in Wild Angels, as the ultra-cool, iron-fisted leader of a violent biker gang, opposite Nancy Sinatra, Bruce Dern, and Diane Ladd. Fonda also starred in Corman’s 1967 psychedelic film The Trip, also starring Dern and Susan Strasberg. Peter Fonda Wiki.
Fonda’s next project was the seminal 1969 anti-establishment film Easy Rider which he produced and co-scripted, receiving an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay.
Fonda’s acting credits also include the feature films Outlaw Blues, an expose of the country music business; Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry; Race with the Devil; Robert Rossen’s Lilith; Split Image; Robert Wise’s Two People; and the cult films Love and a .45 and Nadja. He appeared in Grace of My Heart, directed by Alison Anders, and John Carpenter’s Escape from L.A., starring Kurt Russell. He also made a cameo appearance in Bodies, Heat & Motion, which starred his daughter Bridget.
Peter Fonda Movies
Fonda wowed audiences and won critical acclaim for his portrayal of Ulee Jackson, the taciturn beekeeper in the 1997 film Ulee’s Gold, earning him both a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor and the New York Film Critics Award, as well as an Oscar nomination. Following this, he published his autobiography, Don’t Tell Dad, and was then seen in the NBC movie The Tempest, for which he had been nominated for another Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Mini-Series. Fonda then appeared with Helen Mirren in the Showtime telefilm The Passion of Ayn Rand, where he won the Golden Globe for outstanding supporting actor in a mini-series or movie made for television and was nominated for both an Emmy and SAG Award.
Fonda co-starred in Steven Soderbergh’s 1997 film The Limey, which also starred Terrence Stamp and Lesley Ann Warren. Following this he appeared in Thomas and the Magic Railroad for director Britt Allcroft, starring Alec Baldwin. Peter Fonda Wiki.
Fonda directed his first feature film, The Hired Hand, in 1971. A critically acclaimed western in which he also starred, the film debuted with a restored version at the 2001 Venice Film Festival; it then screened at the Toronto Film Festival before reopening in theaters in 2003. Other directing credits include the science fiction feature Idaho Transfer, starring Keith Carradine and Wanda Nevada in which he starred as a gambler who wins Brooke Shields in a poker game.
Peter Fonda Awards
In 2000, a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs, California, Walk of Stars was dedicated to him. Fonda co-starred in HBO’s The Laramie Project. Based on the true story of openly gay college student Matthew Shepard. Killed in an act of senseless violence and cruelty, which attracted national attention. Fonda starred in The Maldonado Miracle directed by Salma Hayek for Showtime Networks. And was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for his role. Peter Fonda also starred opposite Kris Kristofferson in Wooly Boys. Which was released in March 2004. And the television drama Back When We Were Grownups, opposite Blythe Danner and Faye Dunaway. Fonda was seen in Soderbergh’s Ocean’s Twelve. And can be seen in Mark Steven Johnson’s Ghost Rider, opposite Nicolas Cage.
Fonda’s other projects include director Ron Maxwell’s Civil War-era drama Copperhead, alongside actors Billy Campbell and Angus MacFadyen. And The Ultimate Gift directed by Michael Landon Jr. Up next, Fonda can be seen in John McNaughton’s The Harvest with Samantha Morton and Michael Shannon. Peter Fonda Wiki.
Peter Fonda Wife
|Margaret (Parky) DeVogelaere||(19 June 2011 – present)|
|Portia Rebecca “Becky” Crockett||(11 November 1975 – 2011) ( divorced)|
|Susan Brewer||(8 October 1961 – 15 April 1974) ( divorced) ( 2 children)|
Peter Fonda Facts
- Son of Henry Fonda and Frances Ford Seymour. Stepson of Shirlee Fonda.
- Father of Bridget Fonda and Justin Fonda. Grandfather of Oliver Henry Milton Elfman (Bridget’s son).
- Younger brother of actress Jane Fonda. Uncle of Vanessa Vadim and Troy Garity.
- Attended the University of Nebraska Omaha, but did not graduate.
- He joined the Omaha Playhouse and appeared in their production of “Harvey”. Then, he went to New York and became an apprentice at the Cecilwood Theatre. A year later, he was on Broadway in “Blood, Sweat and Stanley Poole”. Next, he went to Hollywood to test for the role of John Kennedy in PT 109 (1963).
- Broke his back twice in motorcycle accidents.
- Was arrested once for defacing a sign at a Denver airport that said “Feed Jane Fonda to the Whales”.
- Ex-brother-in-law of Roger Vadim, Tom Hayden and Ted Turner.
- Smoked marijuana on-camera in the film Easy Rider (1969). Peter Fonda Wiki.
- He broke his back while attending boarding school at age 6, and accidentally shot himself in the stomach at age 10.
- He and Jane had a maternal half-sister, Frances (Pan) de Villers Brokaw (1931-2008), from their mother’s previous marriage.
- His father-in-law was Noah Dietrich, Howard Hughes’s confidant for over thirty years.
- He was awarded a Golden Palm Star on the Palm Springs Walk of Stars in Palm Springs, California on October 22, 2000.
- Peter Fonda was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 1601 Vine Street in Hollywood, California on October 22, 2003.
- Father-in-law of composer Danny Elfman.
- Godfather of his daughter Bridget Fonda is Larry Hagman.
- Inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in 2000.
- According to a story in the book version of The Beatles Anthology (1995), John Lennon wrote the song “She Said, She Said” after meeting Peter at a party and listening to him go on and on about his near-death experience in which he accidentally shot himself in the chest. The song lyric “I know what it’s like to be dead” is supposedly what Peter kept telling everyone. John says he altered the song title and lyrics from “He Said” to “She Said” in order to hide the fact that he had based the song on Peter.
- Was asked once about reprising his father’s role, on- or off-Broadway, in “12 Angry Men”. Peter’s reply: “Don’t hold your breath for that one”.
- His appearance with sister Jane Fonda in Spirits of the Dead (1968) marked the only time the siblings worked together in a feature. Peter Fonda Wiki.
- Directed by his father Henry Fonda in just one feature titled Wanda Nevada (1979).
- Turned down the role of Oliver Barrett in Love Story (1970), despite being offered 10% of the gross.
- Shares his birthday with Ulee’s Gold (1997) co-star Patricia Richardson.
- Friends with Edward Asner, Larry Hagman, and Bill Pullman.
- Former stepson of Susan Blanchard and Leonarda Franchetti.
- Half-brother of Pan Corrias (1931-2008) and stepbrother of Amy Fishman (b. 1953).
- As of 2018, has never appeared in a film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.
Peter Fonda Personal Quotes
I dig my father. I wish he could open his eyes and dig me.[on why he prefers to be addressed as “Peter”] Whenever I hear “Mr. Fonda”, I look over at the door, figuring he’s come back.[on his sister Jane Fonda retiring from acting] I think it’s great. Now she can just be Jane.Civilization has always been a bust.Peter Fonda Wiki.[on the death of Easy Rider (1969) co-star Dennis Hopper] Dennis changed the way movies were made in Hollywood. I was blessed by his passion and friendship.[on rumors of Jack Nicholson’s retirement] Jack is retiring? Yeah? Far out! I never hear the news in Hawaii. All I can say is he’s a good actor and thanks for telling me the news. Personally, I don’t want to retire. I feel like I’m about 8 years old on most days.