Swara Bhaskar Age, Wiki, Height, Weight, Caste, Family, Boyfriend, Movie
Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu is a talented theatre artist, famous Bollywood celebrity, and an eminent TV star. Due to her great performance in the field of acting, she won numerous awards and titles. Check out Swara wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, caste, family, biography and more. Swara Bhaskar Age
Swara Bhaskar is an Indian Film Actress. She was born on 9 April 1988 in Delhi, India. Swara Bhaskar mainly works in Bollywood Film Industry and recipient two filmfare awards nominations. She was made her on-screen debut with Film Madholal Keep Walking (2009).
Her Most popular & box office successful film, including ‘Tanu Weds Manu’, ‘Raanjhanaa’ & ‘Nil Battey Sannata’. All these three films nominated her Twice filmfare Awards, twice Zee Cine Awards, Twice Screen Awards, FOI Online Awards and twice International Indian Film Academy Awards for Best Actress & Supporting Actress.
Swara Bhaskar Biography
Born on 9 April 1988, Swara is a 30 years old girl from Delhi (India). She completed her schooling from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi and graduation in English Literature from Miranda House, University of Delhi. She also did M.A. in Sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. During her college days, she was actively involved in social issues. Swara Bhaskar Age
After education, she decided to make her career in the field of acting and then, worked in several Bollywood movies. Her hard work in the Indian film industry brought to her popularity and numerous learning opportunities.
Swara Bhaskar Career
During her acting career, she won several awards such as ‘Zee Cine Award’ (2012) for the Best Actress in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu,’ ‘Screen Award’. And ‘Zee Cine Award'(2014) for the Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Raanjhanaa,’. ‘Silk Road International Film Festival Award’ (2016) for the Best Actress for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata,’. And ‘Screen Award’ (2016) for the Best Actress- Critics for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata.’ Swara Bhaskar Age
Swara began her acting career as a theatre artist in the ‘Act One’ theatre group of N.K. Sharma in Delhi.
In 2008, she moved to Mumbai to pursue her career in Bollywood. After a lot of struggle, she got a film ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but this film couldn’t be completed.
Finally, she made her debut with the movie ‘Madholal Keep Walking’ (2009, in English). In 2010, she signed her first Bollywood movie ‘Guzaarish.’ In 2011, her role of ‘Payal’ in the movie ‘Tanu Weds Manu,’ was highly appreciated by the audience.
Swara Bhaskar Wiki
|Full Name||Swara Bhaskar Chitrapu|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||9 April 1988|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|School||Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|College/Universities||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||B.A. in English Literature
M.A. in Sociology
|Debut||Film: Madholal Keep Walking (2009, English)
Guzaarish (2010, Bollywood)
TV: Samvidhaan: The Making of the Constitution of India (2014, as a Presenter)
|Address||A 3-BHK apartment in Yari Road, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Doing yoga, Dancing, Cooking, Reading|
|Awards||2012: Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’
2014: Screen Award for the Best Supporting Actress for the film ‘Raanjhanaa’, Zee Cine Award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role– Female for the film ‘Raanjhanaa’
2016: Silk Road International Film Festival Award for the Best Actress for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata’, Screen Award for the Best Actress- Critics for the film ‘Nil Battey Sannata’
|Tattoo(s)||Right back– Lunar phase of “Moon”
Left side of chest– Madhubani folk art representation of “Sun”
|Controversies||• In 2014, there were rumours about the cold war between Kangana Ranaut and her on the sets of ‘Tanu Weds Manu Returns’ (2015).
• In 2017, she revealed that when she was new in Bollywood she was harassed by a director. During an outdoor shoot at a remote area, he used to stalk her, text her, call her, and even asked for a one night stand. Swara Bhaskar Age
• In December 2017, after the results of the Gujarat assembly election, she congratulated the independent but pro-congress Dalit leader Jignesh Mewani, for which she was trolled on social media as she was allegedly supporting caste politics.
• In 2018, after watching Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s medieval epic ‘Padmaavat’, she made severely critical comments on the film through an open letter, especially in regard to women’s ‘right to live.’
Boys, Affairs and More
|Affair/Boyfriend||Himanshu Sharma (Writer)
|Parents||Father– Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar (Columnist, Retired Commodore)
Mother– Ira Bhaskar (Professor of Cinema Studies)
|Siblings||Brother– Ishan Bhaskar (Elder)
|Favourite Food(s)||Guacamole, Dosa, Aloo sabzi, Maggi, Italian cuisine|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Masala tea, Coffee, Kale spinach apple smoothie, Bloody Mary|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Meryl Streep|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood– The Untitled Kartik Krishnan Project
Hollywood– The Mill on the Floss, The Exorcism of Emily Rose
|Favourite Director(s)||Aanand L. Rai, Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap, Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Hansal Mehta, Joe Wright, Wong Kar-Wai|
|Favourite TV Show||Last Week Tonight with John Oliver|
|Favourite Play||Arthur Miller’s ‘The Crucible’ directed by Yael Farber|
|Favourite Song||“Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira|
|Favourite Book(s)||Istanbul: Memories and the City by Orhan Pamuk, The Illicit Happiness of Other People by Manu Joseph, The Faraway Tree series by Enid Blyton, A Case of Exploding Mangoes by Mohammed Hanif, The Mill on the Floss by George Eliot|
|Favourite Restaurant||Dishoom in London|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Italy, Istanbul, Beirut|
|Car Collection||BMW X1
Money Factor Swara Bhaskar Age
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swara Bhaskar
- Does Swara Bhaskar smoke?: No
- Does Swara Bhaskar drink alcohol?: Yes Swara Bhaskar Age
- Swara was born into a multicultural family; as her father is a Telugu and mother, a Bihari.
- Her father, Chitrapu Uday Bhaskar, is a Columnist, and a retired Commodore in the Indian Navy, who is counted amongst the preeminent experts and critics in Indian security and strategic affairs.
- Actress Minissha Lamba was her classmate in school. Swara Bhaskar Age
- Since her college days, she has always been very pro-active about her stands on social issues.
- She has been fond of dancing since the age of 7, and is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer from Guru Leela Samson.
- She started her acting career as a theatre artist in N.K. Sharma’s ‘Act One’ theater group in Delhi.
- In 2008, she shifted to Mumbai to pursue her career in Bollywood, and after a lot of auditions, she got a film called ‘Niyati’ directed by Pravesh Bhardwaj, but it got shelved. Luckily through some connections, she got a role in the English-Indian film ‘Madholal Keep Walking’ (2009), but someone barely saw it.
- She first got noticed in the film ‘Tanu Weds Manu’ (2011), where she played the role of “Payal”, Kangana Ranaut’s best friend, which was widely appreciated by the critics and public.
- Her breakthrough role came with the film ‘Raanjhanaa’ (2013), where she played the role of Banarasi girl “Bindiya,” who has had a crush on Dhanush‘s character “Kundan” since childhood. Swara Bhaskar Age
Facebook : Swara Official Fanpage
Twitter : Swara Tweets